Monday 12 March 2012

News: Nadal and Federer breeze through

Nadal, in his first tournament since his epic match at the Australian Open final against Djokovic, flew past Argentine Leonardo Mayer 6-1 6-3.

Federer eased past American Denis Kudla, to make the third round in Indian Wells, winning 6-4 6-1.


Federer has been struggling with a flu bug and slight temperature but saw off 19-year-old Ukraine-born American Kudla in just 57 minutes.
"I'm always relieved and happy when I am able to find my way into a tournament," said Federer, who should face a tougher test against Canadian 27th seed Milos Raonic in round three. "It's a good start for me. I didn't know Kudla very much, or at all, really, so it was a good win for me."

Nadal showed no ill effects on his return to competitive action as he dominated Mayer to set up a meeting with fellow Spaniard Marcel Granollers, a 6-3 2-6 6-3 winner over Tommy Haas.
World number two Nadal, who took February off to rest his shoulder, said: "Very happy to be back in competition, that's the first thing. This is a tournament that I love. I really enjoy playing this tournament. Always in my career, I had good success here. I played very good matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment